Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Blog 14-Best Short Essay



Forever in a matter of minutes


        Curly, short black hair, so curly that you can see the hardness of the gel holding it down. A bit dark skin and very scruffy around his face. The scruffiness of just a couple of days of not shaving, looking like Wolverine from X-Men. Thick eyebrows that hid his tired eyes of working two shifts for two days straight, underneath them. Dressed all in black, like a waiter from Apple bee's as he makes his way into my living room to sit beside me on my navy blue couch. I could smell his Armani cologne as he passed me to sit down.
 He grabs my small hand into his large, rough vein popping hands, as if he were afraid to break me in some way. He slowly turns and looks up into my eyes.
                               "I'm leaving Angy, I can't stay here anymore."
                                          "What do you mean by leaving?"
                         "My family and I are going back to Brazil, we are leaving before my dad has to appear in front of a judge and before we are deported by immigration."
               Silence rooms the air as I try to process every word he just said. I looked at his face, almost taking a memory picture, in disbelief, not knowing what to do or say to him. I hug him tightly, closed my eyes as I slowly inhale the smell of his Armani cologne one last time.
                         "We leave next Wednesday, before Thanksgiving."
       A tear slowly runs down my cheek as I closed my eyes tighter. As I hug him tighter, not letting go, all of the memories circled around us as we just hugged, there in each other arms to what felt like forever in a matter of minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment